Zabeth runs regular tai chi and qigong classes during term times at Oaklands Community Primary School, Preston Grove, Yeovil, Somerset BA20 2DU.
*Classes are starting again as of Tuesday 28 September 2021
Below are advisory steps to help us all keep safe in our return to hall classes:
- The hall windows and outside doors will remain open during the sessions, so please make sure you are suitably covered, if you feel the cold easily.
- Please feel free to wear a mask if you wish to do so.
- Please keep a safe distance between each other in the hall.
- I will tick the register as you arrive, so do let me know if you are planning to attend the sessions so that I can add names to the register in advance, and send you the enrolment form and ‘for insurance purposes’ a health questionnaire for you to fill in prior to starting sessions.
- While testing is purely voluntary I really would appreciate if you could take a Lateral Flow Test prior to the class sessions. Free tests are available and sent directly to you by post at: https://www.gov.uk/order-coronavirus-rapid-lateral-flow-tests
- If you have been asked to isolate by NHS Test & Trace, or if someone in your household is self isolating due to COVID-19, please stay at home, thank you (you can catch up a missed session on the zoom class).
Weekly Tai Chi & Qigong classes with Zabeth in Yeovil:
Tuesday evening – 6.30pm to 7.30pm
The first quarter of an hour covers warm up exercises, which are frequently qigong exercises, followed by a variety of qigong over each terms. In this class qigong is studied at a deeper level than in the tai chi classes due to having more time allocated to qigong practice. For Qigong covered look at home page of websites for more details.
Tai chi classes – for beginners
Wednesday evening – 6:30pm to 7.30pm
The first half hour of the beginners class covers warm up exercises, which are frequently qigong exercises, and a variety of qigong over each terms. The second half hour covers beginners Yang Style tai chi forms such as:
- The small 4 tai chi forms for new beginners,
- Mrs Bao’s (founder of our club) 10 tai chi forms,
- Chinese official 10 tai chi forms,
- & the extended Chinese official 10 tai chi forms.
Tai chi Classes – for improvers
Wednesday evening – 6:30pm to 7.45pm
Once students are confident with both 10 tai chi forms, they can start extending their beginners sessions by staying on to the first half an hour of second improvers/advance class and start learning:
- The Standard 24 Yang style tai chi forms.
And when they are confident with that, they can switch over to attending the second class only from 7.30 pm to 8.45 pm.
Tai chi classes – for improvers/advance
Wednesday evening – 7:30pm to 8.45pm
This class starts with the Standard 24 Yang style tai chi forms, and then other forms, mostly Yang Style tai chi. Once students have moved to the second class, they need to do their own warm up prior to 7.30 pm, and can arrive early to do so in the school entrance hall. The qigong section of this class happens at the end of the class as a ‘chilling down’ section.
Returning from the pandemic times, this second class will start by revising the tai chi forms we have learnt in the past, we can all do with some ‘polishing’ as not everyone will have had the chance to do so since last hall session in spring 2020. Tai chi forms covered so far are:
- Standard 24, compact 24, 16, 32, 40, 88 tai chi forms Yang style, 18 & 32 sword Yang style, sabre Wu style, double fan & kung-fu fan 1.
Zoom online qigong classes
Tuesday evening – 8.15pm to 8.55pm
And for those of you that don’t like going out at night or live at a distance from Yeovil, I am also going to run a zoom qigong class on Tuesday evenings.
The first 10 minutes of the session covers warm up exercises, which are frequently qigong exercises, followed by a variety of qigong over each terms. For Qigong covered look at home page of websites for more details.
*All qigong and tai chi classes are currently bookable per half-term until the current situation with the pandemic is over, then they will resume payable by term. Hall sessions cost £7 per session and zoom sessions are £3.50 per session. Anyone keen to attend more than one hall class in a week, need to only pay half price on the extra classes attended (zoom classes don’t count in this offer).